Back when Bluespur was part of the core it was situated on the southeastern corner of the main continent, near the Balinok Mountains.
Bluetspur's landscape was a largely bleak and desolate stony wasteland, over which the sun never shines. Whenever "night" came the domain became intensely dark and small, glowing lights moved through the land. Following the domain's degeneration into an island it began to be ravaged nightly by storms of such ferocity that survival on the surface was impossible.
Any creatures who dared to spend the night on Bluetspur would be plagued by nightmares of horrific creatures slinking out from the rocks and devouring all life.
In 581 BR, illithids brought the realm of Bluetspur into existence.
- Template:Cite book/Realm of Terror
- William W. Connors, Steve Miller (1997). Domains of Dread. (TSR, Inc), pp. 16, 84–85. ISBN ISBN 978-0786-9067-27..
- Bruce Nesmith, Andria Hayday, William W. Connors (1994). Ravenloft Campaign Setting. (TSR, Inc.), p. Template:Page warning. ISBN 1-56076-942-4.
- Template:Cite book/Thoughts of Darkness
- Bruce Nesmith, Andria Hayday, William W. Connors (1994). “Realm of Terror”. Ravenloft Campaign Setting (TSR, Inc.), p. 13. ISBN 1-56076-942-4.